What's up with my tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
My yellow eye kole has been acting funny the past few days...he goes to a certain spot of the front of the tank and starts poking at it with his head then swims backwards a few times fast...he does this a lot through out the day and even at night. His color is a little pale as well.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
He's not stressed or pissed haha. Get real. He is in a 72, eats non stop all day (grazes on the algae on the rocks and glass) and ya he's pretty healthy other than that. He's not constantly doing it...I duno weird...

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
maybe he is going crazy, like that fish in "Nemo" that was possesed with bubbles.

GotSalt

AC Members
May 4, 2008
East TN
Have you added anything new to the tank lately? Coral, Rock etc... The reason I ask is I know my tang when I add new coral she will get close to it then just stare at it a sec or two then start acting crazy for awhile. After a day or so she gets use to it.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
maybe he is going crazy, like that fish in "Nemo" that was possesed with bubbles.
YA! Just like him haha. He has always been a goof. I'm not concerned about his health one bit...just a bit of weird behavior...he is by far the healthiest, thickest (meaty not fat) and active fish in my tank anyways. I'm moving soon anyways so whatever.

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
Pale color usually indicates some kind of stress. Maybe he's just bored or a bit nutty. Maybe he had a lady out in the big blue and he's depressed and longing for her affection.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
His face gets a little pale in the face when he does it but when hes swimming around as usual hes rich in color all over. He is pale in the mornings too when he "wakes up". Ya he has always been a bit of a Kramer.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I feed the tank Mysis, Formula 2 frozen cubes and red macro.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store