Midnyt died! (My goldfish)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
& Treasure is sad! U can tell! Well, I was @ school & my parents @ work, and Treasure was probably playing w/ Midnyt, & Midnyt jumped outta the tank! since no1 was there 2 put him back, he died... He did that 1ce wen i barely bought him, but i saw him on the carpet & quickly put him back... he was ok. but now... :(

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Which ones are Midnight and Treasure? I thought Tiger was your goldie...

This is why I recommended having a secure hood or an underfilled tank.

I'm sorry for your loss.

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
Tiger died... I don't remember y. But i was cleaning the cover that morning & 4got 2 put it bac on b4 i left 4 school. how ironic, huh?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'd check the water quality on Treasure's tank, as I think that the behavioral change is water-related rather than related to mourning...fish don't do that sort of thing unless they were a long-term pair.

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
well, when I bought them they were together... maybe they were a long time couple... Treasure isn't eating & it's worrying me :( no, it cant be the water, because I checked the pH, ammonia, nitate, nitite, hardness, & alkaline levels and they're all safe!

Last edited:

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
yea, ok. brb I'm going to check my readings. I write them down.
:D good fishkeeping, huh? u want the ones from the day before Midnyt died?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Yep, that is responsible. :) I'd love the ones from that day and from just afterward b/c that will give me an idea as to what's wrong with Treasure.

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
ok. here they are:

nitrate- 20 (safe)
nitrite- .5 (caution)
total hardness- 300 (very hard) *hasn't wanted to drop i've tried everything they recommend using rainwater but since it doesn't rain alot here...*

total alkalinity- 60 (moderate)
pH level- 7.2 (neutral)

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Nitrite at .5 isn't just caution...it's quite a bit too high, as 0 ppm is the maximum amount of nitrites that you should have. You need to do more water changes. I don't think messing with pH and hardness is a good idea...as long as you have good goldfish stock, they should be fine in your water.

Doing an immediate water change should help to improve Treasure's appetite and energy level.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store