Novaqua vs prime

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Even though so many people like Prime, I dont trust anything in a bottle that can detoxify Nitrogenous compounds. I'll just stick to my Novaqua, like I have been for the last decade.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
Even though so many people like Prime, I dont trust anything in a bottle that can detoxify Nitrogenous compounds. I'll just stick to my Novaqua, like I have been for the last decade.
care to elaborate on your theory? I'd love to hear your reasoning and apply it accordingly. :idea:

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
care to elaborate on your theory? I'd love to hear your reasoning and apply it accordingly. :idea:
No theories, I'm more comfortable removing the substance than trying to lock it away and hope it doesnt hurt my fish. Stocking correctly and maintaining proper filtration/water-changing regime is a better practice in my book.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
maybe you need to read what they say about novaqua.

Reduces Toxicity of Nitrite
Novaqua's special ingredients help reduce the toxic effects of nitrite by blocking the uptake of nitrite by the animal.
# Stabilizes By Buffers pH Of Tap Water
Removes Copper And Other Heavy Metals From the Water
http://www.novalek.com/kordon/novaqua/index.htm

there are a few tests that gets false positives for ammonia.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
NovAqua+ reduces toxicity of nitrite. NovAqua+'s special electrolytes help reduce the toxic effects of nitrite in the water by blocking the uptake of nitrite by the animal.

NovAqua+ contains a high capacity buffering system that stops pH fluctuations in the water, stabilizes acidity/alkalinity to avoid pH shock, and allows fish to adapt safely to new environments.

copied directly from supplied link.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Where does it state that on the product page, thats listed on the non-plus novaqua.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
NovAqua+ reduces toxicity of nitrite. NovAqua+'s special electrolytes help reduce the toxic effects of nitrite in the water by blocking the uptake of nitrite by the animal.
NovAqua+ enhances biofiltration in new aquariums and ponds. It does this by coating the filter media with a slime coat that aids nitrifying bacteria in forming colonies, and in being more effective in carrying out biological filtration.
NovAqua+ buffers tap water
NovAqua+ provides multiple protective colloid coatings on the fish's body to replace or reinforce the natural slime coating that is essential to counteract injury, infection, and adverse environmental exposure.
http://www.novalek.com/kordon/novaqua+/index.htm

it just makes more claims then the reg stuff. i not saying its good or bad. just saying your claims that prime say one thing while the product you use says the same thing.

Where does it state that on the product page, thats listed on the non-plus novaqua.
on the page you linked to. maybe you should take the time to read it?

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
  • NovAqua+ Is A Best Quality Water Conditioner For All Water Sources
  • NovAqua+ Removes Heavy Metals From Tap Water
  • NovAqua+ Dismantles Chloramines InTap Water
  • NovAqua+ Removes All Chlorine From Tap Water
  • NovAqua+ Provides Health Aids, Including Immunizers and Vitamins To Fishes
  • NovAqua+ Provides Protective Slime Coatings To Fishes
  • NovAqua+ Slime Coatings Repel Viruses and Bacteria From Fishes
  • NovAqua+ Is Compatible With All Of Kordon's Water Conditioners and Fish Treatments
  • Amine-Free
  • Made in U.S.A.
Thats what I see, when I click on that link.

For the nitrite/nitrates is says to use amquel+ with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store