Greetings from SC

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

2cycle

Registered Member
Jun 13, 2008
Charleston, SC
Just found this site. The wife and I have had aquariums for over 20yrs now. How I found this site is, I did a search for goldfish ponds. We've had a small pond going for 3yrs now, when we first built it it took the same time to fill as our spa, so I estimate it is around 375gal. It is spread out more than the spa, and is only knee deep in the deep end. We built it to be an enhancement to our backyard bird habitat. Well, the birds could care less about it. So we put some goldfish in it, comets and commons. They've done good in it and spawned this spring. I like that the frogs like it too, and this year we've had more dragonflies than ever. Here in SC we have a various assortment of insects that love to dine on us humans. So, I am pleased to have, homegrown my own critters that were a few notches above the food chain, that were eating us. We're supposed to be at the top of the food chain, right? We have this beautiful covered deck, with a full outdoor kitchen on it, and love all the added critters that help enhance our comfort here. My aquarium fish of choice is the Oscars, they are like a pet puppy that stays a puppy. The wife don't like the Oscars as much as I do, she thinks all that giant tank must be busy with fish.

Greg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"