Peacock eel and tire track eel get together.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zack

AC Members
Jun 5, 2003
Kodiak Alaska
Visit site
I have a fifty five gallon tank with lots of drift wood and a sand bottomb thats dimly lit its the home of one tire track eel and i found a peacock eel of roughly the same size for $4 and im gonna pick him up. Will the two coexist alright together? The tiretrack used to live with another tire track and they did fine. I know they will outgrow it but i figure until they are a foot long they will be fine in there,the peacock wont even reach that length from what i've been told. I used to keep strictly cats so the tank has no shortage of hiding spots and with just the two of them they will have their pick of caves,nooks,plants,and driftwood tangles to hide in. There is currently three pictus in there but once the eels get a little bigger i'll take the pictus out,but the pictus will go with them to their bigger tank once i get one since i think the pictus' activity brings them out of hiding a little more. Thanks guys/gals.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I tried introducing a tire track to my tank with a peacock, and ended up losing the peacock. He totally flipped out, and wounded himself. The tire track is still fine today, but the peacock (which was larger) died within 2 days of me putting them together. I would be very careful about adding the peacock, though I do think they should be compatible, despite my experience.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'd get rid of the Pictus...they eat a lot, and anything that fits in their mouths (eels included) is fair game...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store