RO/DI systems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, so I've been looking at these and they range so much in price, and they look really complicated.

Any recommendation, I'm not looking at any $1000 systems I'm talking like CHEAP...then, what the heck do I do with them? Do they hang on the wall...under, over tank, under my sink...how do i work them???

almo75

AC Members
Feb 6, 2008
Corn fields south of Chicago
Real Name
Al
Hey G,
I have been looking for one too. Seems most end up in the 200 range on price. Not sure of location for me. There is something like 4/1 ratio of waste water to good water, so you will need a drain close. I ran a search here a couple of times and the same websites seem to pop up. Filterguys or something was one of them.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Hey G,
I have been looking for one too. Seems most end up in the 200 range on price. Not sure of location for me. There is something like 4/1 ratio of waste water to good water, so you will need a drain close. I ran a search here a couple of times and the same websites seem to pop up. Filterguys or something was one of them.
Thanks Almo...do they explain how to use them...I'm not getting what you do, do you pour water in them, then it comes out "clean" or do you hook it to the faucet, I'll check out the site you said, I just need a step by step run down of what they do, how to do it, and all that stuff. :perv:

almo75

AC Members
Feb 6, 2008
Corn fields south of Chicago
Real Name
Al
I think they get hooked to a faucet and has different outputs. Good water and the waste water. I will have a better look online so I am not misleading you. I am at the end of my day, I'll check in tomorrow.

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Hi LG,
I have listed the best site below for RO/DI systems, they start at 139$ to 289$ depending on what your demands will be on your system. We have a real beauty which we use for drinking water (a real money saver compared to bottled water) we also raise FW Angels and use the filter for partial WC once a week on 800 gallons.
This site has a step by step installation guide you can access on their web site.
www.abundantflowwater.com

Let us know if you need any help!

Pops/Pa

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Hi LG,
I have listed the best site below for RO/DI systems, they start at 139$ to 289$ depending on what your demands will be on your system. We have a real beauty which we use for drinking water (a real money saver compared to bottled water) we also raise FW Angels and use the filter for partial WC once a week on 800 gallons.
This site has a step by step installation guide you can access on their web site.

Pops/Pa
AWESOME!! Thank you sooooo much!!! I was wondering if I just got something for my "drinking water" if I could just use that water or not, then I wouldn't have to buy bottle water for my self either. I have to go get supper done, then I'll check that site out!! THANKS again, I looked at a few sites but none of them really said what you do, how you do it or anything like that...it just would say 1 step, 2 step, 3 step system ect...and talk about stuff I had no idea of, but never really WHAT you do.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Hi LG,

Pops/Pa

Thanks for the link. I'll think I might look into picking up their 100gpd basic aquarium model. Just need to find out how often and how much the filters are.

I've never had any probs with keeping fish, but my tap water has 5-10ppm of nitrate always. This might be nice in controlling algea further, though it aint really prob with my little helpers, and ease the pain with making or buying seawater for the 20gal nano.

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
G, I bought a Coralife II from Dr. F&S. It was a little over $100. It is not DI, just RO. So it's drinkable.

There are some special plumbing pieces to connect it to a faucet, but they are cheap plastic and don't work that well. I've got a thread that describe the new fittings I bought to correct the leaks. It's no big deal.

Also, the one I got id 24 gallons/ day... under optimum conditions. My conditions aren't optimum and I'm getting about 15-18 gpd.

Let's see, oh, one guy ran the waste water line to his flower bed and the flowers are doing awesome... otherwise, run the waste water hose down the sink. I'll take a pic and post it in a bit for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store