!?!?!?!? STOCKING a 125 !?!?!?!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CrohnieBoy

AC Members
Jan 21, 2003
Northern Kentucky
I have just purchased a 125 gallon tank. I am thinking about what fish I should keep in it. Here is what I am thinking:

4-6 Bala Sharks
4-6 Clown Loaches
3-5 Boesemani Rainbows

Some possible others include:
Hi Fin Lyretail Swordtail???
Mickey Mouse Platys???
Freshwater Clam???
Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster???
Blue Gularis Killifish???
Pink Cherry Bitterling???
Blue Cherry Bitterling???
Golden Lyretail Panchax Killifish???
Indian Dwarf Puffer???

COMMENTS? COOL FISH I MISSED?

I thought about a stingray tank or a discus tank but don't want to make daily/highly frequent water changes.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Blue Lobsters eat fish...

Clams are hard to read (it's tough to tell if they're alive or not) and their larvae (glochidna) are fish parasites.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Bitterlings are coldwater fish, I believe...

Dwarf puffers are known as fin-nippers...

I'm not trying to dissuade you, but instead to help.

CrohnieBoy

AC Members
Jan 21, 2003
Northern Kentucky
ChilDawg:

Thanks.

All the entries with the question marks were suggestions from others. And I am looking for honest answers, so no dissuasion infered. :)

The main fish are the first 3 entries (Bala, Clown, Boesemani).

The clams and lobsters and such are just an attempt to have something 'different' or 'interesting' for visitors to view. :cool:

Again, thanks for the input.

PS: You wouldn't know a good place to get a Filstar XP3 cheap would you?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I think people have had luck with www.bigalsonline.com but I don't know of any online sites.

After rereading the initial part of the thread, I think that you want to concentrate on surface and midwater swimmers as the bottom is pretty well divided up. Glad that I can help! :)

CHINABOY1021

experienced newbie
May 2, 2003
Toronto ON Canada
Visit site
IMO for a nice new 125g. skip the community with hundreds of fry swimming around.

this is just my opinion, but i would go with a nicely aquascaped tank. natural looking. if you dont want high maintenance, a big school of tetras. or rainbow fish like you wanted in the first place. bottom feeders, clown loaches are best choice for a big tank like that.

the reason why i lean away from live bearers and those fish that swim with no formation is because it always seems like their rushing all over the place. they will look as if they are trying to get out and rub against the glass when you come near the tank. personally i hate this. GL

Jan 24, 2002
Louisville, KY
Silver Dollars

If you dont mind a lot of silver color, some silver dollars would be a nice addition. Mine like to school with my bala sharks in my 125.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store