TILAPIA!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
A while back I was at Pets Inc in Tempe and they had 2" juvenile tilapia for sale at $1 each... so my girlfriend and I decided to buy 16 of them. In hopes of them breeding nice size meals for our big cats.

We took them over to her dads house and put them in his 240g Native Species tank.

A few months passed since I last saw them... THEY'RE FREAKIN HUGE NOW!!!
The largest has got to be atleast 8".

Well her dad texted me last night saying that while he was cleaning out his filters he found a bunch of fry!!!

He took them and put them in his 180g where they'll have plenty of room to grow...

ITS ACTUALLY WORKING!!!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
16 Tilapia making babies? Time to fire up the grill and start laying down those fillets! (After they are big enough of course.)

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
tilapia is a type of cichlid

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Sounds like you need an old converted swimming pool. :D

But seriously WHY would a pet store sell a game fish?
Swimming pool? Why? It seems 420g will be plenty... if they're all ready putting out fry.

Maybe for my cats!

The guy there said the Arizona Game and Fish dropped them off... several hundred of them.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
FRY THEM UP!

Artemis JT

AC Members
May 24, 2008
Wiscawnsin
It's fryin' time! lol

I'm guessin' buttikoferi? I had one a while back, aggressive little (or big) guys. Taste good too. :D :D :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store