Polypterus Senegalus Bichir..........?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
I have 1 bichir right now and it is a female. I bought her from WalMart under the listing of dinosaur eel. Didn't have a clue what I was getting. I normally don't do things like that unless I have done my research. Now I know that she really isn't an eel. My question is are there any more owners of these out there? If so boy do I have questions for you. O and I have had her now for over a year. She is now about 6-8". She was about 2" when I 1st brought her home.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I have 1 bichir right now and it is a female. I bought her from WalMart under the listing of dinosaur eel. Didn't have a clue what I was getting. I normally don't do things like that unless I have done my research. Now I know that she really isn't an eel. My question is are there any more owners of these out there? If so boy do I have questions for you. O and I have had her now for over a year. She is now about 6-8". She was about 2" when I 1st brought her home.
Have 2 of them myself. Male and Female.

BeBlondie is the forums expert. Theres a guy I can't remember his name right now. Do a search for bichir in the forum and you'll find more info then you need.

beblondie

grand high exhalted poobah
Mar 25, 2005
I saw Polypterus and poof here I am ask away-Anne

Ice his name was toitris

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Fun fish! Our male and female just spawned again in the 120. The ghost knife cleaned up the eggs but it's nice to see them swimming together. Just don't keep anything in there she can fit in her mouth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store