mixing foxface and yellow tang.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
i am FULL of q's tonight!!

my new tank is 48x20x24 and holds 83gallon (UK) plus a 40-45gallon sump.

Will my resident foxface fight with a yellow tang if i add one. Would one thrive in a tank this size?

Could you recommend any other tang? i really want a regal tang but i know it wont trive long term. what time scale are you lookin at with those guys before they get too huge?

other tank mates include, clowns, banggai, goby, manderin and fire fish. oh and that blasted 6 line bully wrasse, who im hoping cant bully a tang.

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
well i have kept both in my 75 gallon tank but not at the same tanks both of them have great personalitys everytime i fill up my tank my water level rises to the biowheel and the both use to pick off the biowheel...im not sure if they will go together good but they are both good fish

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
There are two at my lfs in one of their 12 foot long frag tank areas that never leave each other's side! Every time one swims, the other follows...they are the best of buds. I don't think it would be an issue.

Miss my puffer

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
michigan
Visit site
I had a yellow and foxface in a 150 gal. The two did not get along, then again the yellow tang didn't get along with anything in the aquarium. The foxface didn't seem to mind, it is pretty laid back and has never been aggresive towards its tankmates once they were settled in (the foxface was one of my original fish I bought when I started the aquarium). I would be leary about having the two in an aquarium, but I would not say that it can not be done.

mike_nikki

Aquaholic
Apr 4, 2007
St. Cloud
I think it is hit or miss depending on their personality, mine are like Mcsassys' post, my spotted foxface and hawaiian yellow tang never leave each others side along with my spotted hawkfish.... the 3 amigo's

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
I have a foxface and a scopas tang in my 75 and they are almost always at each other's side.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store