Fragging an RBTA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
Hey everyone.
As some of you may know, you actually CAN frag anemones. I love my RBTA, but it is pretty darn big for a 10 gallon, especially one that my clowns aren't hosting. Haha. I decided to frag it, and thought some of you would like to see a video just as proof that you can actually do it. I've seen a lot of people, and have even been told myself that any damage to the foot of an anemone is a sure death. So I thought some of you might learn something (which is always fun for all of us!) or at least just find the video somewhat interesting.
I have some pictures off from RIGHT after, and I'll try to get some updated ones soon.
I hope you all enjoy! :D
and this whole uploading a video onto photobucket is RIDICULOUSLY slow... So I will have to post it later...

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fishiness.....that just blows me away. While it makes sense you can propagate an RBTA...I just would not have thought to do it. Look forward to hearing how the two pieces progress. Thanks for sharing.

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
I have read where there has been some success with fragging LTA's and Carpets but at the same time not something I would want to try, make sure to let us know how it turns out

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
All pieces are looking well. All entirely open too. I'll take pictures tomorrow after work and my tank service job. :D

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
Here is a picture I took of the one that ripped about 1/2 hour after it was torn in half.
The babies were in the overflow separated from the drain by some cheato to make sure they don't wedge themselves anywhere where I wouldn't be able to remove them. I took a movie of them, but all it really is is color and all blurred from the water on top. But I'll get you updated ones soon, I promise...

DSCF1372.JPG

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
I can believe it.

I accidently tore one of my GBTA's open to the point of being able to see its innards quite clearly. Today that anemone is the healthiest one in the tank, and that was only after a months healing.

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
dang nice coral line alage

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store