my new one!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Do you know what you have?

What size tank?

Did you QT the new one?

a&j_tanks

]V[onster Devil Keeper
Apr 24, 2008
iowa
www.myspace.com
i beleave they are both African Cichlids

in a 10 gal...soon to be a 30...no i didnt qt the new one, i let him swim around with the old one, they fight back and forth a bit, but they mostly stay to them self

im new to cichlids, but i thought id give them a try

i would like to a have these two and a gt in a 30gal

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
i beleave they are both African Cichlids

in a 10 gal...soon to be a 30...no i didnt qt the new one, i let him swim around with the old one, they fight back and forth a bit, but they mostly stay to them self

im new to cichlids, but i thought id give them a try

i would like to a have these two and a gt in a 30gal
They are nice fish :)

Your new one is a melanochromis auratus, often referred to as a 'golden cichlid'. from Lake Malwai. It is one of the most aggressive african cichlids around and requires a bigger tank that a 30G or there is a real risk it will end up killing anything you put in there with it...55 minimum, 75 preferable.

Your other one is a pseudotropheus zebra; also highly aggressive, also Lake Malawi.

You won't be able to keep anything alive in a 30 with that auratus. Mbuna, which is what your fish are, require a 3 foot tank minimum and 4 is much, much better.

If you can't get a bigger tank bring those fish back and try some Lake Tanganyikan cichlids instead - www.cichlidforum.com - good info on here.

My opinion is that Africans should not be stocked with a Green Terror although people try this and succeed. There is however no way you can put a Green Terror in that tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store