Marine Discussion: The Marine Aquarium For newbies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
nice article, DF! you've been a valuble asset in planiing my marine aquarium sometime late this year or early next year. although, if i'm only going to have 1 fish, do I still need a quarantine tank?

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
fishcatch22 said:
although, if i'm only going to have 1 fish, do I still need a quarantine tank?
That's hard to say. If the fish gets sick, there is no risk of it making other fish sick, but there's little to no way you could treat disease in the tank without making the tank inhospitable for invertebrates, or killing the invertebrates you already have (this includes inverts in your lrocks and sand) by using hypersalinity to treat the disease.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
dorkfish said:
That's hard to say. If the fish gets sick, there is no risk of it making other fish sick, but there's little to no way you could treat disease in the tank without making the tank inhospitable for invertebrates, or killing the invertebrates you already have (this includes inverts in your lrocks and sand) by using hypersalinity to treat the disease.
yeah... I think i'll turn that 2g into a quarantine tank instead of putting a bb goby in it, in case anything goes amiss.

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
That was what I read in the reefekeepers faq, however, since my tap water has proven to be ok, I'll change it. Just wasn't sure about other citys

EDIT: I can't change it, becuase of neo's rules about not editing posts.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store