Gold Severum (Heros efasciatus)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Good job Lupin. Although from my own experience and from others I've seen, the golds usually don't get as large as their green counterparts.

bl00

AC Members
Dec 3, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I got mine a few weeks ago and he's being a bit fussy about eating. I've tried brine shrimp, blanched carrots, NLS, and Hikari Cichlid Gold so far. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Yea. Definatly try blood worms. Frozen.

MoonstruckMuse

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
I absolutely love sevs, and have a few of them scattered throughout a whole bunch of my tanks. I am slightly concerned about the diet of my oldest pair of sevs (I bought them from a guy who was selling them off - he fed them a wide variety of pelleted foods). They're about 7-8" each, big guys, but have basically... always refused all sorts of the lettuce, squash, zucchini, peas, bloodworms, and sometimes shrimp that I put in there. Could it be that they're just not used to it? I've been trying for months now.
I'm afraid they might not be getting a nice balanced diet because of it. The only vegetation that they regularly will eat is java moss, which I eagerly supply from one of my other tanks. Other aquatic plants are eaten vigorously too, so they DO want it, but I can't afford to keep giving them plants since I really don't have any.

Any suggestions for tempting them some more? I've never seen picky sevs til these guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store