Large Angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
I have read that you can only keep one large angelfish per tank, awhile back I seen one of Gangstarfish threads of him keeping 3 large angelfish together, so I gave it a try I now have 4 large angelfish housed together in a 180 gal and all are doing great. I have a emperor, regal, blue face and a annulars all but the annulars are 4 to 5 " the annulars is around 6" the emperor is changing it has not reached it's adult color. I will in the future be getting another large tank to split them up.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
How long have you had them? The regal and Blueface are notorious for poor survival rates in captivity from all I've read. They are beautiful, however.

I absolutely LOVE large angels and currently have a juvi Queen Angel that is my absolute favorite. She'll be going into a 240g long. I've had her for 3 months, so not long in fish life, but absolutely doing great. Personally, I would never put 4 angels that get really large in such a small tank. Hopefully you don't have any issues and nothing gets in the way of you getting another large tank.

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
I've had the emperor for over a year the regal for about 5 months the blue face I just got and the annulars I've had for about 7 months. All are eating and getting along I know that regals are hard to keep but he was already eating at the LFS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store