55 gallons? Here are some ideas- discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tophat665

Minion of the Scaled Ones.
Jul 13, 2006
NoVa
Here's some I have come up with for a 55:
Tanganyika community: Rockpile in the middle, shell fields either side - 6 Julidochromis transcriptus, ornatus, or regani (Thin to a breeding pair when one forms); 6 Lamprologus multifaciatus; 6 Lamprologus brevis; 3 Synodontis petricola

Tanganyika Community: rockpiles at either end, sand in the middle - 6 Julies (as above), 6 Neolamprologus leleupi, 1 Black Calvus, 1 Synodontis multipunctatus.

The Vortex of Mean: 12 Tiger Barbs, 5 Skunk Loaches

What's New in New Guinea: 4 or 5 Peacock gudgeons, 12 to 15 Praecox or Mucullochi Rainbowfish (or a half dozen of each).

Peruvian Stream: 2 Flag Acara, 8 Black Tetra, 15 Diamond tetras, 6 Albino Aeneus cories, 2 Bristlenosed plecos. Plant HEAVILY, and overfilter. (I know it works. It's in my dining room. Every species in there except the black tetras has spawned.)

Anyone who wants to jump in and give me some thoughts how to flesh out a 55 with 6 young Festivums (which I am trying to get a breeding pair out of) is welcome to do so. I was pondering a half dozen Trilineatus Cories and a pair of Farlowella acus for janitorial staff. Maybe a small school of lemon tetras as dither/target fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store