Yoyo Loach (Botia almorhae) - discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mavisky

DIY FTW
Feb 6, 2008
Fort Wayne, IN
Mine enjoy flakes, as well as sinking pellets. Largest has a pronounced gut to be certain and is around 3" long. Beautiful fish and I've noticed that my zebra and clown loaches will swim along side in my community tank with no issues.

charlierainbow

Registered Member
Nov 3, 2008
kent
A fantastic species, so energetic. I have two 4" that seem to be a male and a female, one has the red barbels and the other a very pronounced abdomen, i keep them with angelicus botia and one lonely blue botia that i rehomed with no problems, they love just about any insect larvae you give them aswell as cucumber and peas.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
A fantastic species, so energetic. I have two 4" that seem to be a male and a female, one has the red barbels and the other a very pronounced abdomen, i keep them with angelicus botia and one lonely blue botia that i rehomed with no problems, they love just about any insect larvae you give them aswell as cucumber and peas.
The one with a pronounced abdomen is most likely gravid but unlikely to spawn anyway which is very unfortunate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store