GETTING A 10 GALLON ON THE 2ND OR 3RD YAY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
to replace the 5 gallon my friend lend me ( he wnats it back ) so then i can put my breeding pair of JB convicts in there and a bigger room to.

whats ur sujection for dithers??? ill have 55 buxs 30.00 going to the 10 gallon and 25 going to what ever dithers i can find or u guys tell me whats good.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
my sig is off big time.. right now i have a 5 gallon with a breeding pair of 1.5 inch JB pink cons. and i have a 29 gallon with a male convict and soon to be gone male jack dempsey.. can i add a firemouth or 2 to the 29 once the JD is gone??i want to get back into keeping Firemouths. so i may get rid of my JD and my con at the same time and pick up 4 or 5 juvi FM to wait for a pair.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
your fish are all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too large to be housed in tanks the size youve listed for very long. they will outgrow them quickly, especially if you are trying to breed them. please do some research on the minimum tank size of each fish before buying them

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
ive decided ( and have researched ) im just gunna get one firemouth and keep my convict and thats all that will be in the 29. and all thats gunna be in the 10 is just a breeding pair of jellybean cons that max out at 4 inches but right now there 1.5 inches.

Sarge_857

Iam the one under your bed. BOO
Mar 18, 2008
Saline, MI AKA craphole USA
they need a bigger tank, as inky stated!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
if you cannot keep the appropriate housing, why not get fish that can do well in tanks that size? you can get rams. they are cichlids, good breeders and dont get above 3". they are colorful and active and dont need huge tanks. if you keep the fish you listed in small tanks, the odds are they wont breed anyway because they will be stressed out. you also run the risk of stunting them. not to mention that they may grow sickly or die because they will produce more waste than the tank/filters can handle. take the fish back and get ones that will thrive in a smaller tank

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
firemouths dont get bigger then a 29 can handle tho. and im useing a filter that came with the 29 packaged and another filter thats rated for 30-60 gallons both on the 29 gallon so i have 2 filters already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store