New Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jessa10

AC Members
Aug 29, 2006
I recently added a powder blue dwarf gourami to my 40 gallon. He lives with some fancy guppies (4), white skirt tetras (4) Black skirt tetras (5), neon tetras (6) and a pleco. Right now the gourami seems to have plenty of hiding areas and he isn't bothering anyone other than occasionally chasing the white and black skirts, but they chase him back equally as much. My store recently got Fire Red Honey Gourami's and they are marked as tropical community, the powder blue dwarf I picked up was marked semi-aggressive, but the fire red wasn't available when I purchased this guy.... What do you all think I should do? And.. Do you see any major problems with this set up? I wanted to add a school of 6 panda cories.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
If youre asking about adding a fire red gourami, which is most likely a red honey gourami.. I think it would be a bit risky as far as aggression from the blue gourami, but if you have plenty of hiding spots.. you may could swing it. I would proceed with caution and be prepared to remove one of the gouramis if harassment ensues.. The pandas would be a nice addition as well.

jessa10

AC Members
Aug 29, 2006
Well, they have it labelled fire red honey gourami, but I think you're right... it is a red honey gourami. I would LOVE to add one, they are absolutely gorgeous, and I do have plenty of hiding spots, but I don't want to create any aggression issues. It's so nice having a tank that gets along so well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store