**URGENT** Dying Coral

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amanda_

AC Members
Jul 24, 2007
My elegance coral is dying. I believe its because the ph is too low (about 7.8-8.1 range, i've been trying to raise it). he is separating from the skeleton now. I know its probably too late but is there anything i can do to help the situation and give it a chance? is it in pain.... should you euthanize coral? I really don't know what to do.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
that pH isn't bad as long as it is constant. WHat is your alk?

Where was yoru elegance from?
I ask because it seems that none but the australian ones seem to survive. Suposedly, the rest from indonesia are collected poorly and wrapped in a banana leaf which has some bacteria which can infect them. They then rot from the inside out.

amanda_

AC Members
Jul 24, 2007
mine is from australia. ammonia and nitrite 0, salinity .026, not sure exactly what nitrates are but very low. I tried to attach a picture of the coral. its not very good but hopefully it helps...you can see how much it has pulled away from the skeleton

coral1.jpg

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
I have an elegance and the only thing I know about mine is it doesnt like strong flow so I keep it kind of protected from strong flow.

amanda_

AC Members
Jul 24, 2007
Its not in strong flow. It was doing fine then it started closing more, one side stopped "lifting" from the sand in the morning when the lights were turned on. Could it possibly be from fluctuating temperature. My house gets hot during the day and I didnt have the air conditioning on. I'd get home from work and the water would be a little above 80. of course it would heat up during the day and cool off a little at night. Is there anything I can do to help save it?

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
I try to keep my temps between 80-82, if it gets above about 84 it dosent look too good. What type of lighting do you have and how deep is your tank?? I dont think there is much you can do if it starts going bad. You might want to get on marine depot forums and see if you can get Eric Borneman to give you some ideas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store