Massive crystal red die-off :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I have a 30g heavily planted tank housing just crystal red shrimp. Last night everyone was active and fine, this morning I found half my adults and all my juvies deceased. No clue what happened. Water tests out at: ammo 0, trite 0, trate 5ish, ph 7.2 temp 72. Sigh, what a set back! I had just gotten my stock numbers up to about 40 adults and was about ready to offer them up to share :(

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Omg ms! I'm very sorry to hear that!! :O If your parameters are fine then how did they die? odd

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
So sorry for your loss! I hope you can find out what happened.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Just a thought but is the tank near anything that could have given off toxic fumes or possibly a toxin got into that tank?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Its theoretically possible something could have fallen into the tank as its open top, but its in my basement out of traffic and away from the kids, so I am really at a loss. I have no idea what caused this. I did a 50% wc today, just to be on the safe side. The remaining shrimp look and are acting perfectly normal.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Sorry for the loss Jinx! :(

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Thanks, I am totally bummed! I have gone through an enormous amount of effort with this tank, and it was just starting to pay off. sigh, back to the drawing board.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
What about an electrical current from somewhere? Or perhaps a mouse may have checked the tank out and got something in it..(not trying to say you have mice..but could it be a possibility?)

Sorry for your loss, I know how hard you have worked with these in particular..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store