Indian Biotope Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Well guys, this is the ex-nano reef which may soon be the Indian stream/river tank. As of right now, this would be the stats(please feel free to offer any criticism/advice):

10gal Acrylic tank
Aquaclear 200 running mech/bio filtration
Azoo 48gph powerhead for current/blending DIY Co2
DIY Co2
27w 6700k PC, capacity to add a two-pin light as well
20lbs of Eco-Complete
50w heater

FLora:
1 Tiger lotus, dwarf variety(Nymphaea zenkeri)
Java Moss Vesicularia dubyana
Assortment of Crypts
Possibly Rotala indica
Possibly Eleocharis sp

Fauna:
3-5 Scarlet Badis Dario dario
3 Sparkling Gouramis Trichopsis pumila(these may not be from India/Sri Lanka, may need a dif Gourami)
Colony of Indian Zebra Shrimp Caridina sp
4-6 Mini-moth catfish sp poss Hara Hara
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

10gal.jpg

Preeths

AC Members
Jan 15, 2008
Nice, the fish are shy and you will not be able to see them very often in a heavily planted tank. They will only come to the front of the tank during feeding.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Hmmm... Schizo, after reading your handy-dandy "list of fish that will fit in a 10gal(good work, btw)" I am thinking of replacing sparkling gourami with golden dwarf barbs Puntius gelius

Yeah preeth, I am a bit worried about the fish being kinda shy. The Scarlet Badis I have in my Paludarium comes out for me a decent amount though. hopefully he isn't jsut acting weird..

dimensions: Roughly 22"L x 11" H x 9" deep

BubbleBack_Ek9_

Shrimp Breeder
Jan 14, 2008
good luck and your tank has an interesting look to it...

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Well, I'm ordering everything for the tank tonight and tomorrow. Construction will begin pretty quickly after all the stuff arrives. I'll be posting pics as I go, hopefully this turns out well.. I will probably go to the LFS and take peak at some driftwood and rocks..

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
So, I am reading up on my Indian biotope and the recommended substrate is a mix of sand and pea gravel with rock chippings..... I think I am just going to pretend I didn't read that and use eco-complete or Flourite black sand like I planned on doing in the first place....

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Most of the dry goods will be shipped out tomorrow. I ordered from Foster and Smith. I also found a 4pin 6500k 27w bulb at Orchard here in town for $5, so I picked that up this morning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store