19in high 30 gallon - too high for bettas? Is this a good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stara'lfur

AC Members
May 19, 2008
Southern Cali
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/741368676.html $100, aquaclear filter, lights, rena heater, stand, everything... sounds nice... but I'd like it for a betta sorority and I think it's too tall for them to be happy. Thoughts?

I might consider other fish for it if it's a good deal.. I'd really like a betta sorority though. Do I wait for a 20 gallon long or so for bettas instead?

Stara'lfur

AC Members
May 19, 2008
Southern Cali
why would it be to high for bettas? they will be fine in the tank.

it sounds like an OK deal. i wish we knew what model filter, heater, and air pump they were.
I've done a lot of research on bettas and high tanks can indeed stress them out. They are surface dwellers and breathe with their labyrinth organ. A sorority tank needs lots of hiding places for all the females to claim and having to go up and down for air can bother them. I just don't know how *much* of a problem it would be. I of course want happy fishes. :)

It said it was an aquaclear filter and a rena heater...

Stara'lfur

AC Members
May 19, 2008
Southern Cali
I have always preferred long tanks to tall tanks. IMO, I'd pick a long tank.
Me too, I of course would prefer a long tank... I just thought this seemed like a good deal. Perhaps I can even haggle down the price a little. The stand would fit a 20 gallon long, maybe the hood would too? for how much and where can I find a 20 gallon long, just the tank itself?

Stara'lfur

AC Members
May 19, 2008
Southern Cali
Have you tried Craiglist?
haha um, this is where I found this tank in the first place, see the link. xD Yeah, I've been searching craigslist every day for a few weeks AND made a couple wanted posts. This is the best thing I've seen so far...

Rometiklan

AC Members
Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
I would have no qualms setting up a betta sorority in a 30 gallon tank. Females tend to get along alright once they adjust to one another. They'll do nicely in that particular tank.

Stara'lfur

AC Members
May 19, 2008
Southern Cali
I would have no qualms setting up a betta sorority in a 30 gallon tank. Females tend to get along alright once they adjust to one another. They'll do nicely in that particular tank.
Sounds interesting. And maybe I could get a group of cories for the bottom.. hmmmm..? xD

But seriously, is $100 a good deal or am I just kidding myself?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
haha um, this is where I found this tank in the first place, see the link. xD Yeah, I've been searching craigslist every day for a few weeks AND made a couple wanted posts. This is the best thing I've seen so far...
I have blonde moments.:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store