Hot Dog Etiquette

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

faun

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Norwich, England
OMG, she really needs to find something better to do with her time. You cant have a hotdog without ketchup its like a party with no beer!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Weird.

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Here in Chicago putting ketchup on a hotdog is pretty much a no-no. If you go to any hotdog place and order a dog with 'everything,' ketchup isn't included in the 'everything.' You have to mention ketchup, specifically, if you want it on your dog.

I don't eat dogs with ketchup, but it doesn't bother me if others do. Funny thing is that I've seen people eat their dogs with ketchup, and others make a big deal about it. 'How can you eat a dog with ketchup, that's gross?' they'll say. When I ask 'What's gross about it?' they'll usually just say 'it's just gross...' they can't explain why, it's just something that's ingrained in our heads from an early age...

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Ketchup is for hamburgers!

Mustard is for Hot Dogs!

Though I sometimes do put a line of each down the dogs.

Here in the South they put mustard on their hamburgers, I hate it. Everytime I order a burger I have to add with no mustard.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Ketchup is for hamburgers!

Mustard is for Hot Dogs!

Though I sometimes do put a line of each down the dogs.

Here in the South they put mustard on their hamburgers, I hate it. Everytime I order a burger I have to add with no mustard.
Agree with NO Mustard on hamburgers! Down here there's a fast food place - "Sonic" that ruins their burgers with mustard.

(Oh yeah... I only got thru 2 minutes of Mg's 'etiquette' link.. :barf:| )

________

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
U.S. champion retains hot dog eating title

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. defending champion Joey Chestnut won the annual Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest on Friday by downing 64 hot dogs in a competition that stretched into a first-ever overtime.

Chestnut, of San Jose, California, defeated six-time champion Takeru Kobayashi of Japan in the annual event held at New York's Coney Island beach.

The two were tied at 59 hot dogs a piece at the end of the regulation 10 minutes, forcing a sudden death overtime to determine which man could eat five more hotdogs in the shortest time.

Organizers said it was the first overtime in the contest's history.

Chestnut won the overtime, marking his second consecutive victory over Kobayashi. Kobayashi won the contest six straight times but lost the title in an upset to Chestnut last year.

Thousands of onlookers were on hand for the Fourth of July Independence Day event which Nathan's has staged since 1916.

The winner receives $10,000, a mustard yellow belt and a year's supply of hotdogs from Nathan's, which began in 1916 with a small Coney Island hot dog stand and now sells food products globally.

(Reporting by Angela Moore and Ellen Wulfhorst, editing by Sandra Maler)
American pride right there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store