10 gal crab tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zachjohnson65

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
Staunton, VA
Ok so i have a request from my other half. "When your 10g is empty can we get some crabs?" I told her i would do some research. So i'm asking for ideas. Landscaping/stocking. anything would be great. Thanks in advance Zach

mattmartindrift

AC Members
May 16, 2008
i have a setup for fiddler crabs.

However, they're brackish. My tank is probably 75% underwater and 25% above. They're pretty cool creatures; i'd suggest about 50% beach and 50% underwater if you want to do just crabs. Maybe a bumblebee goby or two.

my tank it has recently undergone some more plants and other such fun things:

zachjohnson65

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
Staunton, VA
Thanks for the pic. brackish would be ok. would crabs and gobies fight for space at the bottom?

mattmartindrift

AC Members
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the pic. brackish would be ok. would crabs and gobies fight for space at the bottom?

I think you'd be fine.

My crabs are fairly solitary and only defend when fish come close. They're usually scared of most stuff.

Depending on your out-of-water area they might spend most of their time up there.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
With a 10g, I'd suggest you just make it crab-only tank and give them a proper home - sandbed and all.

bettalover

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
my 10 gal has a red claw crab in it... he's usually in the filtration system hes a loner. always keepin to himself. whenever he comes down hes not aggresive at all. more like a wimp. always being chase by the corys.

zachjohnson65

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
Staunton, VA
what type of crabs do i have to choose from that could live in 10-15 gal?

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
i have a setup for fiddler crabs.

However, they're brackish. My tank is probably 75% underwater and 25% above. They're pretty cool creatures; i'd suggest about 50% beach and 50% underwater if you want to do just crabs. Maybe a bumblebee goby or two.

my tank it has recently undergone some more plants and other such fun things:

Im pretty sure every plant I see in your tank is a non aquatic lol.........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store