Clownfish Bothering Anemone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
I bought a green bubble tip anemone today and after I put it in the tank today, my maroon clownfish hasn't stopped going in it and the anemone has gotten all shrunk up. The anemone will come back out after a while but then will go back to being shrunk again. Is the clown bothering it too much or is it normal?

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am pretty sure I've read thats normal. Clowns can sometimes get rough with it at first when hosting. I'm sure the anemone will get used to it.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Whilst it is normal, sometimes a clownfish can bother an anemone too much. If you think the anemone is stressed, try seperating them by putting a piece of eggcrate or similar around the anemone.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I agree with CPD. You have to keep a watchful eye to make sure the clownfish doesn't actually "love its anemone to death."

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
on this topic ...

picked up a Purple Tip Long Tenacle yesterday and the Percula Clown has shown no interest in it at all ... so what do I do?
Most captive bred clowns, assuming yours is one of them, do not know what to do with anemones. Leave them alone. The clown prefers to choose its own area to host around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store