White spot on firefish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
I brought home my firefish today he's been in the quarantine tank for only about an hour. I just noticed he has one little white spot on his left side. I'm thinking ich, maybe? But other than the white spot he's perfectly fine. Great coloring, swimming fine, he even already has a great appetite. So thoughts on what it is? What I should do? I really hope it's not ich!:wall:

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
If I've read right because of the lifecycle of the ich right now it shouldn't be in my water because he's only been in there for 1 day right? So how do I treat it before it does get in the tank? He is in quarantine luckily.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
You should treat for 14 days. Stress and temperature fluctuations can cause it to show. An hour in quarantine is hardly long enough to do anything at all.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Last edited:

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
So how can i confirm that it's ich? Are there any other symptoms I should watch for?
Should I do the hyposalinity you think just as a precautionary?

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
thoughts?

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks for the great article CPD. Hmmmmm... I'm not sure what to do. The spot is a little bigger then the in the pictures i've seen. He's been in quarantine for 5 days now and the spot is still the same size. It's just one little spot hasn't spread at all. It looks like a grain of sugar. So do you guys think it's ich and if not was else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store