what to add

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i have a 35gal. hex tank and i want to add a bottom dweller, i have one clown pleco, two blue rams, 10 neon tetras, 6 harlequins, and 3 guppys. i want a good bottom dwelling fish that runs in groups, not solo. i would greatly aprechate it

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Fishfiles, you made threads of this nature before. You already have enough bottom dwellers in your hex tank IMO. A hex tank does not have enough space compared to a long tank. Bear in mind, your rams will sooner or later spawn.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
why does every buddy get made at me on this stupid website, i havent made a threed on this in like 2 months, you expect me to remmember. ill use your lingo IMO most of you guys are stuck up jerks that think your no it alls and you get made at people for making a mistack or asking questions twice or three time, you cant just help some on out, you have to add your 2 sence into every thing. have you ever thought that i might be 13 years old and been doing this for 3 years, but im still learning, and you cant just turn down a kid like that. just help me!!!! in fact theres only like 6 people on here that acully help and most the rest are just mean to me and turn me down and put there two sence in!!! THIS WEB PAGE SUCKS!!!!!!!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I'm not sure what exactly would work in a tank with such a small floorspace and high bio-load. I would consider shrimp? What kind of substrate do you have?

Last edited:

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
thank you so much for helping, i havent had good help one here since april, its pea stone like 1/4 IN.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
why does every buddy get made at me on this stupid website, i havent made a threed on this in like 2 months, you expect me to remmember.
well this is your thread from last time.
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152411

this link takes you back to all your threads.
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2199817

if you click anyones names you can see their old posts and threads.

ill use your lingo IMO most of you guys are stuck up jerks that think your no it alls and you get made at people for making a mistack or asking questions twice or three time, you cant just help some on out, you have to add your 2 sence into every thing.
if you keep asking the same thing over and over it looks like you just want to hear what you want not learn. they are telling you what they think is best. you cant ask what people think then get mad that they tell you.

have you ever thought that i might be 13 years old and been doing this for 3 years, but im still learning, and you cant just turn down a kid like that. just help me!!!!
we have plenty of 13 and even younger kids here all learning together. there is something you need to learn you will hear it a lot. No. you have to learn to accept it. maybe you could ask why again it wont work, though they gave 3-4 reasons why the last time it wont work.

in fact theres only like 6 people on here that acully help and most the rest are just mean to me and turn me down and put there two sence in!!!
are those 6 people telling you its ok to do what ever you want? sorry but just because you want something to work doesnt mean it will.

THIS WEB PAGE SUCKS!!!!!!!
you do keep coming back.... cant be that bad.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
u do have points, and im not 13 i was using it as a refernce im acully 16 but ok. i come back in hope that people will be nicer, somthings i don't understand, becasue people wont explan. and i dont want to hear that its ok that i add 4 firemouths to a small tank. i just dont understade that the experts at Preuss pets say that i can add more bottom dwellers but you people just say NO!!, it doesent make sence, and im sure nither does my spelling, i just would like to know what i could put into the tank. no opions

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
the experts at Preuss pets say that i can add more bottom dwellers but you people just say NO!!, it doesent make sence
ok lets look at that. what do we gain from telling you yes or no? other then trying to keep your fish nice and healthy? nothing.... what does a lfs gain? they just made money off you? am i a expert? i say no i been in the hobby 10 years maybe longer but i am always learning something new. luppy is a freaking encyclopedia of fish it seems at time..... who are they? what makes them experts?

You already have enough bottom dwellers in your hex tank IMO. A hex tank does not have enough space compared to a long tank.
the problem with hex tanks is they are tall and have a small foot print. fish swim back and forth not up and down. this limits what you can put in the tank. you have less options in a 35 hex then you would in a 29-30 gal tank i think. there is only so much you can add to a bottom of a small foot print tank.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
the problem with hex tanks is they are tall and have a small foot print. fish swim back and forth not up and down. this limits what you can put in the tank. you have less options in a 35 hex then you would in a 29-30 gal tank i think. there is only so much you can add to a bottom of a small foot print tank.[/quote]
DO you really think that i have not heard that enuff, seriessly "IF PEOPLE ARE READING THIS, I KNOW THAT THE FLOOR SPACE IN MY TANK IS TO SMALL, SO STOP TELLING ME". i ment that rick preuss hes 60 and hes been in fish his whole life and hes my najhorbor and hes not like the jerky store people that try to get you to buy fish

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
i come back in hope that people will be nicer, somthings i don't understand, becasue people wont explan.
DO you really think that i have not heard that enuff, seriessly "IF PEOPLE ARE READING THIS, I KNOW THAT THE FLOOR SPACE IN MY TANK IS TO SMALL, SO STOP TELLING ME".
you get mad that no one will explain then when they do you get mad again. again it sounds like your just asking waiting for someone to tell you want you want to hear.

i just dont understade that the experts at Preuss pets say that i can add more bottom dwellers
i ment that rick preuss hes 60 and hes been in fish his whole life and hes my najhorbor and hes not like the jerky store people that try to get you to buy fish
well first you say its the fish store now someone who lives next to you. i dont know who he is or how long he been keeping fish. just because you been doing something for years doesnt mean your doing it right..... reminds me of a quote....

Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
what we know is 100% fact changes as we learn more. if you dont update your knowledge what was right before might not be right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store