Some of my Cardinal Shrimp (Caridina sp.)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

southerndesert

Invert Obsessed
May 4, 2008
Arizona
www.arizonainverts.com
I have been keeping these shrimp for about 4 months now and finally have berried females suggesting these shrimp are going to be showing up as "tank bred " soon lessening the impact on their natural habitat from collecting.

These are some really cool shrimp and doing well in captivity so far....

Here is what the newborns look like

Cheers, Bill

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Just what I was thinking Reefscape! Those look alot more like something you would find in a salt tank than in a planted FW. Are those some of the shrimp coming out of Sulawesi?

lymabean

They're after me lucky charms!
Dec 26, 2007
Long Island, New York
Wow, how is your tank set up? Apparently sulawesi has a high ph but a low hardness. Did you use a ph buffer? I would love to set up a sulawesi tank sometime in the future with the really cool snails as well plus lots of shrimp species, if only they were tank bred already, from all the fishing done they must be close to endangered by now.

southerndesert

Invert Obsessed
May 4, 2008
Arizona
www.arizonainverts.com
Yes they are from Sulawesi and the young in photo is from born to berried females when I imported them. I guess I wasn't exactly clear in the post. I do have 7 berried at this time and should have young soon. I had no problem raising the ones born in captivity so I am pretty sure the young born to the females currently berried will do fine. The young one in the photo is now a young adult as are 30 or more others.

My water parameters are
PH 8.2
GH 3
KH 4 to 5
Temp 84 F.

My water is very close to those parameters right from the tap here in Arizona from our community well in Morristown.

Bill

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Those are very nice - love the color. Congratulations!

(I'm already hooked on Mystery snails. I have to stop looking at shrimp pics.)

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Awesome Desert! These and the gold flakes are my faves. Glad to see that you're raising the shrimplets without any undue issues. Hopefully we'll be seeing some of your stock on the classifieds forum before too long :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store