What would you pay for MTS at auction?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
For MTS at auction...a lot of 24 of them, to be exact. Would it be better to just purchase 1-2 at an LFS rather than having 24 shipped?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Sorry about the ambiguous title. I tried to change it and/or delete the thread and start a new one, but it wouldn't let me. Any mod wanna change this so people don't have to look at something they didn't want to see in order to ascertain the meaning within the post?

Hebdizzle

playswithsquirrels
Mar 8, 2003
Malaysian Trumpet Snail? they are 99 cents at every store ive been to. If you have a big tank (you dont do you?) then it may be more economical to get the shipped ones.

Aaron

I would get them at the LFS

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Yeah, I don't have a large tank...20g high is my largest one (I also have two 10s and a 2.5 as well as a 5 that's on its way).

Hebdizzle

playswithsquirrels
Mar 8, 2003
well we have the exact same amount of gallons (until you get your 5).. so I can sorta relate. I would buy the snails still from the LFS though...

Aaron

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
That's the option that I'm thinking...

They're parthenogenic, so they clone, and they do so rapidly, but how rapidly would I wind up with an MTS culture?

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I imagine that your LFS would probably just give you a few. Thats I what I did, I got about 10 and now have hundreds. :)

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Good idea, Clay! I'll have to ask them if I can take a few free ones...would a free singleton be enough to start a colony, if that's all I can get from them?

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Get maybe 4 or so

If you get 4 adults, you won't need any more!

You might want more if they are small.

Heck, if you can't get them free, PM me, I'll send you some for $1 over postage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store