air in my snail shell

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Davy

AC Members
Jun 16, 2008
OKC, OK
so my pet sonic the snail recently (as in while i went to subway fer lunch) got some air in his shell, prolly from hangin out by the filter. so when i got home i though he had kicked the bucket:cry: BUT!! when i put him in a small specimen cup he started coming out of his shell to get some air and do whatever it is snails do.

so i thought he was ok... but hes still floating. how do i get him to sink, or should i even worry about it?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
what else is in the tank he was in? Be careful keeping him in a small container without filtration as the concentrations of ammonia can develop quickly

edit: if you have one, a breeder trap is a better option for isolation with a snail. It makes it easy for them to get to food and also keeps others from bothering him.

Davy

AC Members
Jun 16, 2008
OKC, OK
at the time it was only some white clouds, and they were leaving him alone.

i can tell hes still alive and kicking cause hes moving about, and ive seen a couple bubbles come out.

and i stay on top of WCs cause i dont have any breeder traps, but i do have a small 1 gal. tank i can put him in

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
they do this somtimes, just coz they can. keep an eye on him but should be ok. like jinkz said if it noy getting bothered by the other tank mates i would put it back in the cycled tank he came from.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store