Small Indoor Pond

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chondropython

AC Members
Jul 11, 2008
This is my indoor pond. It's about 60 gal and houses a breeding colony of swordtails and a south american snake neck turtle. Surprisingly, the swordtails have managed to reproduce faster than the turtle can eat them; however, the population definitely dwindles when I don't keep the turtle fed with alternate food items. There are also some feeder comets in there which he seems to be able to catch with relative ease compared to the swordtails.

He can also be pretty rough on the plants they look great for a while and then I replace them when they start looking bad. The enclousre is lit by four 4' shop lights with full spectrum bulbs and an incandescent basking light.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Thats really cool, where did you get that tub? It looks like it has an incline built into the end and a section for dry land, am I correct?

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I have to admit, I didn't know what I would see when I cam in because I would think 60 gallons is pretty small for an indoor pond but you have it set up pretty cool and it looks so clean to be a turtle set-up, nice job!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Nice turtle pond, I like it. Which picture is more recent, the one with the floating clump plants or the one with the vine plant?

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
That is really cool!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store