Would anyone be interested in buying granite?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
This is not in the Marketplace forum because it is not currently for sale.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying granite rock to be shipped?
It is very beautiful rock and would go very nicely in a fish tank. I believe I can ship it very cheap using USPS flat rate boxes.
I can get large quantities of it in red, black, silver, and occasionally others. The silver is the easiest to come by, so would be the cheapest. black is the next. The red is difficult and would cost more and so would the other unique colors.
As you can see from the pics, I can get it in various shapes and sizes. Most have at least one side that is polished. This granite is basically the left overs from making head stones.
So would you be interested in buying it from me? I am trying to get an idea if it's worth my trouble to get more to sell. A lot of what I already have will go in my tanks.

Sample pics.

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I assume they would all be polished like pic 1?

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
Humm , Yep if you mean one side only.
You got it.

They are all parcially polished. some have large area that are some only a very small area.

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Interesting idea. I may be interested, depending on price. But, I also wanted to give a heads up, the flat rate boxes have a max of 20lbs (but I can't remember if that's for international or domestic shipping). Might want to check into it first. :) Maybe an estimate of how much it would be for some granite might help?

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Wow. I got my shipment of granite in today, and, the instant I opened the box, without even seeing the granite yet, I was impressed. The packaging job could not have been better. I could have believed that I was opening a package of fine china by the care Alan took in wrapping and packaging the granite. Every piece is absolutely gorgeous and will work perfectly in my tanks. I have yet to recieve my plants that were purchased before the granite, but, I can't wait to landscape my first tank, with the granite being the centerpiece. I'm also hoping to use a few pieces to create a cave for small cichlid spawning. My husband, who isn't into aquatic landscaping in any way, shape or form is now interested in it purely because of the granite. He's already trying to claim some of it for in his tanks! Alan not only packaged it with great care, but it was shipped extremely fast, and he's such an honest and pleasant seller.
It seems like granite is the speckled gold of the aquatic world, it could be used for just about anything, from landscaping, cavemaking and some of the pieces could probably even be used for angelfish breeding! I'll have to post tons of pictures once I figure out exactly where it's all going, and then more pictures once the plants arrive and everything, but, really, everyone needs to get their own granite to enjoy in their own tanks! I for one will be returning for more granite once we get our large tanks set up.

blissskr

"Who's Barry Badrinath"
Jun 22, 2008
New Hampshire
Looks good I would be interested except for the fact I live in the granite state and its pretty much everywhere free (although not so nicely polished)

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
Wow. I got my shipment of granite in today, and, the instant I opened the box, without even seeing the granite yet, I was impressed. The packaging job could not have been better. I could have believed that I was opening a package of fine china by the care Alan took in wrapping and packaging the granite. Every piece is absolutely gorgeous and will work perfectly in my tanks. I have yet to recieve my plants that were purchased before the granite, but, I can't wait to landscape my first tank, with the granite being the centerpiece. I'm also hoping to use a few pieces to create a cave for small cichlid spawning. My husband, who isn't into aquatic landscaping in any way, shape or form is now interested in it purely because of the granite. He's already trying to claim some of it for in his tanks! Alan not only packaged it with great care, but it was shipped extremely fast, and he's such an honest and pleasant seller.
It seems like granite is the speckled gold of the aquatic world, it could be used for just about anything, from landscaping, cavemaking and some of the pieces could probably even be used for angelfish breeding! I'll have to post tons of pictures once I figure out exactly where it's all going, and then more pictures once the plants arrive and everything, but, really, everyone needs to get their own granite to enjoy in their own tanks! I for one will be returning for more granite once we get our large tanks set up.
Thanks so much for the good words. It is very appreciated. I am so glad you are satisfied. I knew you would be. :wink:

Looks good I would be interested except for the fact I live in the granite state and its pretty much everywhere free (although not so nicely polished)
You won't get this stuff free just laying around everywhere. This is not straight out of the quarry like you will find everywhere. This has been hand selected by experts who have the highest standards for quality. This granite that I am offering is the finished product, not the raw product that you speak of. It is what is left over from the finest granite monuments, head stones, statues, counter tops, etc. Which is why it's partially polished. Also, the reason was hand selected from the quarries of the "Granite Capital of the World" Elberton, GA

Derringer

... overstock this!
Apr 8, 2007
Indiana
This granite that I am offering is the finished product, not the raw product that you speak of. It is what is left over from the finest granite monuments, head stones, statues, counter tops, etc. Which is why it's partially polished.
I was just going to ask a related question as it looked like headstone grade material to me - I was wondering how you came about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store