Help!! Tank bowing - time to upgrade & need input!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Well, my nicely planted 30 gallon tank is bowing. :mad2:
My LFS will gladly trade it out for me but I have decided to upgrade to a 45 (& pay the diff) as the 45 has a center brace. I am not thrilled at having to tear down my tank as the plants are doing nicely especially the wisteria - it is a jungle in there! I have attached a few (terrible!) pics - any advice on rearrangemnt of plants, etc and advice on how to transfer everything would be great! I will be using the same stand so it wil be a tedious process. UGH!
(looks a little cloudy right now as the driftwood is fairly new)......
edit: plant stock is lots of wisteria that is spreading like crazy, 1 giant hygro, 2 anubias, and 1 little grass like plant in front w/ no ID, and floating anacharis. (plus java moss/java fern)

FTS.jpg left side.jpg right side.jpg

Last edited:

FluffynTex

Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
May 21, 2008
West Texas
If it were me I would transfer the water fish and plants to a large plastic tote and put the hob on it while I trade tanks, that way you still have your bacteria/water everything and can avoid a cycle. Put the substrate in a separate container to avoid cloudiness/mess.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I am planning on picking up a couple rubbermaid tubs (tank will be in Tuesday) - I hope to transfer the sand/substrate straight to the new tank. Any input on rearrangement since I have to re-do it all anyway?

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
the front and back are bowed about 1/4" at the center. it is very concerning........is this normal?

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Nobody else has any comments on the arrangement of plants when I re-do the tank?
Or any input on the change out?
Bump?

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
your arrangement looks pretty good already so i think that's why no one is commenting on it. maybe add a few more plants?

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
also, while you are upgrading you should go up a few more sizes....but that's just my opinion

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I would LOVE to go up to a 75 or bigger but have to use my existing stand, so a 45 is as big as I can go.....I plan on more foreground plants as soon as I can find them.........

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
lol...we all want to upgrade to giant tanks...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store