"phase 1" in building my 55

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ozzy

AC Members
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
Hello AC
Well today I added water and substrate,so I'm on my way.
For my substrate I added 30 pounds of Schultz Aquatic Soil alond with around 40 pounds of pool filter media,does this sound OK ?
For now till I build my lighting hood I got a L.O.A. shop light along with 2x40watt Gro-Lux T-12's,plus 2x15's.
how does this sound so fare ??
what should I shoot for along the line of params ???
thanks all-soon I'll add plants and fish ;)

ozzy

AC Members
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by djlen
What do you mean by "params"?
parameters..
This is a reefer term I supose..in salt water we test for and maintain cal., alk.,ph. and temp, salinities .............
in my reef tank I maintain a temp of 81.7 +/- and a ph with-in 8.2 to 8.4,I'm sure numbers this high would be a problem in a fresh water set up,so what I am asking is what to test for,and what would be an ideal set of parameters ??
thanks

ozzy

AC Members
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
I did think the lights seemed kinda dim..
does Gro-Lux have a T-8 ??
I was thinking it might have just been me,I have a 46 gallon reef tank across the room from it,on this tank I run 2x96 PC's,much brighter..
thanks

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
Originally posted by somefinnfishy
I hate my digi cam:(
Wow, I hate your camera too.

Sorry. Have you considered a low-cost, semi-high-res digital camera? And perhaps a polarizing filter? It would do wonders for you...

ozzy

AC Members
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
thanks,from what I can tell it looks good.
I was thinking of changing one of the Gro-Lux's for another buld,at Lowe's right next to the Gro-Lux I saw a "Daylight" buld,I'm not sure what the K rating was but I'll give it a look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store