Clownfish swiming at the top

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Andrew225

A little bit of everything
Jun 26, 2007
Colorado
That pretty much sums it up. Got a clownfish Thursday, first fish in my tank. ALl the fish does is chill at the top, swimming in the current :p

I dunno what to think..He doesn't swim down to the liverock or anytihng ,just chills at the top.

For what it's worth:
Ph: 8.2
Amonia:.25
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: 5
SG: 1.24

The amonia doesn't bother me..After all, he is the first guy into the tank, so the tank's gotta be able to adjust to the new bioload, right?

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
He has to adjust to the ammonia. In my opinion, best to let your params hit 0 before adding any swimmers. The stress on a new tank inhabitant is touch on them without increased levels of ammonia to contend with. Also, I would'nt rule out he might still be trying to settle into his new home. Good luck.

Andrew225

A little bit of everything
Jun 26, 2007
Colorado
Oh, they were zero for two weeks before i added the little girl.
I'm just asusming that given the waste coming off of the fish, that a small Amonia spike was to be slightly expected.

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Keep an eye on him and wait for him to adjust. I assure you, many clown owners have seen some odd behaviors from them. Keep up the water changes to get the ammonia in check. After 7 months my clown still spends most his time in his favorite spot, behind the rocks where I can't see him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store