insect found in bottom of rena filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trying

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
In the past when cleaning my rena filter I found two baby cat fish in the gunk that lies on the bottom of the filter. Ever since I check closley when emptying out the bottom of the filter. Today I saw something moving and was able to get it out and put in a glass of aquarium water. It is some kind of bug. It has 6 legs that are speckled. a little over a 1/4 inch long. Two eyes that sit on the side of its head. Tan in color and when viewing from the side its backend kind of sweeps up. It moves very fast when bothered. Kind of darts. Best I can describe it. Anyone know what it might be and where it might have came from? :eek:

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
In the past when cleaning my rena filter I found two baby cat fish in the gunk that lies on the bottom of the filter. Ever since I check closley when emptying out the bottom of the filter. Today I saw something moving and was able to get it out and put in a glass of aquarium water. It is some kind of bug. It has 6 legs that are speckled. a little over a 1/4 inch long. Two eyes that sit on the side of its head. Tan in color and when viewing from the side its backend kind of sweeps up. It moves very fast when bothered. Kind of darts. Best I can describe it. Anyone know what it might be and where it might have came from? :eek:
Pics would help...does it swim in the water, or on the surface?

trying

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
It seems to crawl on the bottom of the glass, but it does dart thru the water. I will try to ytake a picture.

How do I add a picture?

Last edited:

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Yea. Need pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com