46 gallon bowfront stocking?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
First off, sorry about all of these threads, but I have a lot of questions :grinyes:

Anyways I finally got rid of my satans spawn (giant dainos) So now all I have is 1 Neon Tetra(I deff plan to get more) and a rainbow shark.

Im stumped on what to put into it.

Tetras, probably around 8 more? possibly more... but then im stuck haha.

Its a planted tank as well.

Any Ideas on what would be good?

I was thinking of possibly an angel or gourami(small gouramis of course)

Agghhh... dont know.

Help? :)

zoowks

AC Members
Oct 13, 2007
Orlando
beware of other torpedo shaped fish because the rainbow shark may chase it away from its territory

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Check out what's available in your area (probably not much if I remember correctly) and what you like. You could easily do some Honey Gourami or a Pearl or two or a Festivum or a ..... Lots of possibilities. You also have room for bottom feeders if you are well filtered and have a good maintenance routine.

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
torpedo shaped like the tetras? He's fine with them, they hang around eachother all the time.

I would love to get some kuhlis, and it is very well filtered, not to mention i do water changes weekly.

My fish supplies are fairly limited, ill check around and see what I can find, just looking for ideas right now. Although i do like Lupin's idea. Hmmm, so many choices.

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
torpedo shaped like the tetras? He's fine with them, they hang around eachother all the time.

I would love to get some kuhlis, and it is very well filtered, not to mention i do water changes weekly.

My fish supplies are fairly limited, ill check around and see what I can find, just looking for ideas right now. Although i do like Lupin's idea. Hmmm, so many choices.
Lupin has pretty good tastes, but beware.... he'll get you hooked on loaches in no time. :grinyes:

The best advice is to see what you like and research it and ask questions first. No one is bothered by multiple threads and it actually makes it easier to help. Be patient and prepared... if you do it right, and it sounds like you are, most fish are at least a 3 year commitment and many others longer. I have fish that have outlasted several girlfriends. lol

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Now Len blames me.:headshake2:

How about this?

1 festivum
10 dwarf chain loaches (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)
15 neon tetras
8 zebra danios/Rasbora boraptensis

15 neon tetras
6 Botia striata/Botia histrionica/Botia kubotai
1 rainbow shark

All you need is provide plenty of hiding places to minimize the aggression of the rainbow shark.

If you want the neons out...

8 Congo tetras
1 rainbow shark
6 Botia striata
8 zebra danios

I'm a loach nutter I know.:shakehead:

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Now Len blames me.:headshake2:

How about this?

1 festivum
10 dwarf chain loaches (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)
15 neon tetras

15 neon tetras
6 Botia striata/Botia histrionica/Botia kubotai
1 rainbow shark

All you need is provide plenty of hiding places to minimize the aggression of the rainbow shark.

If you want the neons out...

8 Congo tetras
1 rainbow shark
6 Botia striata
8 zebra danios

I'm a loach nutter I know.:shakehead:
I :drool: over all those options, but do take note that cories appear in none. lol

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
Lupin has pretty good tastes, but beware.... he'll get you hooked on loaches in no time. :grinyes:

The best advice is to see what you like and research it and ask questions first. No one is bothered by multiple threads and it actually makes it easier to help. Be patient and prepared... if you do it right, and it sounds like you are, most fish are at least a 3 year commitment and many others longer. I have fish that have outlasted several girlfriends. lol
I guess that depends on if you are keeping your fish their entire lives.
Some people like to keep some fish a while, pass them on to someone else and get new fish. For those of us who do choose keep the fish probably for their whole life...It's good to choose carefully.

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
I guess that depends on if you are keeping your fish their entire lives.
Some people like to keep some fish a while, pass them on to someone else and get new fish. For those of us who do choose keep the fish probably for their whole life...It's good to choose carefully.
Those that like to keep them awhile and start over are fish havers, not fish keepers. I do routinely sell and give fish away, but only when I want to take them from a bad situation rehabilitate them and place them in a good situation or intentionally breed them. My "display" tanks are set and the fish in them will leave only when they die, hoefully of old age. I don't and never will get the I'll let them grow and then get rid of them when they get too big philosophy. To me, that's like someone who likes puppies but not dogs....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store