Weird food for a bichir *Check it out*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
I found this very funny and had to share with all you guys.

Last night I made snail jello and dropped a few squares in my tanks. I used the squash baby food and I added shrimp pellets instead of flake fish food. I came back by my tanks about 10 mins later and the cubes where gone. I stopped and scratched my head and thought "didn't I put those in there?" I know that I got alot of snails but they couldn't have sucked that up so fast. I looked all over the tank and they were nowhere to be found. So this time I dropped them in and got a chair and watched to see who the colperate was. I was amazed that my bichir decided that she likes snail jello too. LOL. I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. This time she just took a few bites and kept swimming around. As I set there the snails come to eat and Gollum (bichir) came back for more bites too. Got caught red finned. Here is the pic that I was able to capture.
Share some stories of what you feed your bichir or any fish at that, that seems to be weird food.

100_1411.JPG

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ham and tadpoles.

fishyfawn

Floating fish are no fun!
Jul 8, 2007
the desert
what's snail jello?

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
Thats a nice bichir!

Thanks, I bought her and didn't have a clue about her. I know, I know, I shouldn't have but I seen her and said gotta have her.
:nutkick:
She was a brand new shipment and hadn't even been acclimated to their water yet and I said Don't open that bag. I'll take her. So she was rushed home and exposed to my tank and then the reseach started. Good thing that I had other tanks too. B/c when she came home she was only about 2" long and of course she went into the smaller tank. Cause I didn't want anybody picking on her.

Spewn

AC Members
Mar 12, 2008
Everything eats the snail jello in my tank. The biggest brigs will try to cover it all with his foot, but if I put a big enough piece in he can't. There's still room for the shrimp and the betta to nibble away. Even the ottos come by and muscle their way in after the snails are done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store