clownfish WONT' EAT

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
Hi! Please help an acquaintance of mine as best as you can: :]

He says,

"I bought 2 False Percula Clownfish Friday and they haven't eaten anything since I bought them.

When it's feeding time, they look excited, rush to the food, bu then turn their heads when the food is close! I bought the exact 2 types of food which the store was feeding them, so unless their appetites changed from the ride over to my house from the pet store, I don't know what it could be. I even tried a variety of different foods with no luck.

The only thing I find odd is that they are pooping a white stringy poop both today and yesterday when they haven't eaten anything.

I check the water parameters (PH, Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites, Salinity, Temperature) yesterday and today, and everything is fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated."

Thanks!

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Based on white stringy feces, they could have internal parasites. Also, some may not eat for a day or two while acclimating to thier new surroundings. Research common fish diseases, as well as clown fish requirements. Your friend would be well served to be able to identify signs of illness early, giving him or her the best chance of effectively treating a sick fish.

Danomind

AC Members
Jul 18, 2008
USA
Maybe they need some time to adjust to new waters and a new tank, so they are not completely comfortable yet. So just be patient and if possible starve them for a day, then feed them the next day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store