DEAD Amanos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.key

circumambulator
Dec 30, 2007
So I put in a moss wall with magnets a week ago or so. The next morning, 2 dead shrimp, morning after 3 more and then the last 2 by that afternoon. – Large (75%) WC – 1 week goes by I buy 3 more 2 dead this morning.

I'm going to see if I can return them today and I will put the replacements in another tank I have where they will hopefully do better.

Do you think it the magnets? I coated them with silicone as the instructions advised but I am concerned that the metals in magnet might have done them in. Thoughts?

eeyipes

AC Members
Jun 11, 2008
Washington IA
I have heard that shrimp are sensitive to metals, which is why I don't use lead plant weights.

Someone else who know better than me will chime in soon.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
did you have the first ones to die previous to adding the moss wall? How are you acclimating them?

FYI, plant weights are fine, i use them all the time.

mr.key

circumambulator
Dec 30, 2007
No I had not had deaths for the previous year or so until after the moss wall was added. I drip acclimate, the LFS also has water conditions very similar to mine (testably identical around 3pm, I've DIY CO2 so pH fluctuates a little). I am pretty sure I want to tear off the magnets and secure it some other way.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
suction cups work pretty well

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
i would remove the wall and magnets. that seems to be the problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store