FS or Trade: RB Pacu, Columbian Shark, Bala Shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

black_sun

I'm a crayfish in disguise...
Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
I recently cracked a 30gal tank and in a quick effort to replace it ended up buying a tank that came with fish. After having the fish IDed and having various dicussions on several forums, I've decided there is no way I can house these fish properly in the long-run. So, I have for sale:

(1) Approx. 5in Bala Shark

(1) Approx. 6in Columbian Shark

(1) Approx. 7in Red-Bellied Pacu

I don't know what to charge for these fish, having really only wanted the tank to begin with (which was bought for $40), I guess I'd like to make some of that money back. So, it's really just make an offer and take them. Or, if you'd like... we can trade. I keep crayfish, African Cichlids, shrimp, and plecos... So, I would be interested in more of any of those or anything that could be housed with them.

But ultimately, I'm just looking to get these guys an appropriate home since they didn't get it at their last home and they can't get it from me.

Oh, also... this would be pick-up only (I'm in Essex County, NJ) unless you can show me how to ship fish this size safely (but I'd prefer not to).

Thanks!

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
I don't know if you are planing to offer shipping as an option, but definitely DO NOT ship that columbian shark. They are really catfish and like all catfish that I know of the have very sharp fins of bone that puncture the shipping bags in transit.

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
I think you'd be lucky to find a home for the pacu for free..There's a lot looking for new homes and not much demand.

black_sun

Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
I think you'd be lucky to find a home for the pacu for free..There's a lot looking for new homes and not much demand.
Yea, so I've come to find (I'm getting bites on CL, but... man, I hate the idea of giving or selling a fish to someone who is going to do who knows what with it). It's a shame that pet stores sell these guys labeled with such bad information, I mean really, what regular person is ever going to be able to house a fish that gets that big?

black_sun

Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
I don't know if you are planing to offer shipping as an option, but definitely DO NOT ship that columbian shark. They are really catfish and like all catfish that I know of the have very sharp fins of bone that puncture the shipping bags in transit.
Thanks, I think I'll be enforcing my "PU" idea more so now.

black_sun

Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
The Columbian Shark has been sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store