comet leaning over while swimming

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
one of our comets is leaning over while it swims, but when sitting still he is up right like normal.
He just started this a few days ago. should I be worried?? whats wrong with him?

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
thanks flarringshutter, I was really hoping you would see this. He started about 3 or 4 days ago. His appetite does seem to be normal, doesnt seem like he has any bouncy issues, no standing on his head. when he sits still, he is not leaning.
only other issue is he as a little rip at the tip of his tail fin, but he might have just snagged it on something. he loves to try and fit in places.

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Didn't mean to leave you hanging here, the thread just got pushed under by a few new ones.
Anyway, from what you described I think it's probably nothing to worry about. As long as he's eating and his behavior is normal, I wouldn't worry too much. Keep an eye on him and if he starts leaning over more, or has any swimming problems, then it might be something serious.
I'd probably feed him a few cooked, shelled peas for a few days to clear out any gas bubbles he might have. It can't hurt and it might solve the issue.

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
thank you flaringshutter.

I think he is fine, seems to do it more when the lights are off. and hasnt been doing it lately. I think its just a thing he is starting to do for no reason. but I will keep an eye on him though.
thank you for all your help, and I will try to get pics up later of the two new ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store