parasite

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kristylove4

AC Members
Jul 25, 2008
colorado
im having a hard time finding anything online that even sounds like what i have. on my tang there is a black dot near his tail (orange shoulder tang-black dot that is normally near his tail, now there is a parasite there) ive been watching him. first it started with a scratch, then a black dot. i thought maybe he scratched the spot off his tail and the dot was his scales or something coming off. well, today it is bigger and has two loooong antenea (at least i think thats what they are) -this happened overnight! any idea what it is? i wont even try to get a photo, i can barely see it in real life trying to get him to stay still for a photo would be near impossible.

kristylove4

AC Members
Jul 25, 2008
colorado
from the pics ive seen they dont look much like it. here is a crudly drawn photo. the 'base' is about the size of a piece of coarse salt, maybe a teeny bit smaller.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Yeah, seems like a parasitic copepod to me (if it weren't for the streamers, I would have said black ich, Paravortex). See what others think, but if it is a copepod, quarantine and copper treatment is in order.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store