"custom aquascaping" from aquariumplants.com

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boojumsnark25

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Has anyone ever purchased this? Basically, you pay 20 dollars, tell them all the details of your setup and a basic idea of what you're looking for, as well as a budget, and they come up with a list of plants, send you an invoice for the plants, and when you pay they ship you the plants as well as a blueprint for the aquascaping.

It's a lot of money just to get a blueprint, and i couuld get the plants cheaper elsewhere, but it's for a 125 gallon tank and I have 0 aquascaping skills whatsoever, so I think it would be worth it.

Has anyone ever used this? Were you satisfied?

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
I'm sure there are at least a few people on this board who'd throw together a blueprint for you for free. Another good thing is to look on the web or through books to see what kind of scapes you like. Once you have an idea in your head as to what you want, its easier to get started executing it. And tanks are never really "finished" so if it doesnt look good right off the bat, you can always change it later. I'd say ditch the blueprint, get a visual idea of what youre looking for, and draw one out on computer paper... Theres 20 more bucks to spend on plants right there :D

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
look through current planted tank setups in the photo gallery. If anything google some aquascapes. And from there just work on building a replica of that setup. Plus if you buy from members of this board or another you will save time and $$. And get plants that will look good in your setup, instead of getting a ton of hornwort or anacharis..

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
i cant tell you how many tanks i have put together for people buying plants from me. in the end really its best to just try your self. you will think this or that will look great but you will hate it rip it out switch it around 20 times. plus there is endless kinds of tanks from high tech super growth tanks to low light easy to do tanks. personally i would start with a low tech and work my way up. not sure how much you know about plants but thats what i did with my 120.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
There is this in the stickies for this plant forum too...

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121809

I haven't used it but it may help.

I didn't really know what I was doing when I set up my first planted tank. I mean I didn't know what was gonna work or not work out so well. I did a bit of research and jumped right in. I started with the hardscape and bought some plants I thought would work well with and compliment the wood and rocks. Some plants worked out well and some flat out died. I didn't want to go with a lot of fertilizer dosing and expensive lights plus CO2 so whatever grew well in my conditions is what stayed. I only had a few plants that croaked but I also should have known better. I simply didn't have enough light for them. Every tank is different and what works for one tank may not work quite the same in another. Trial and error sometimes. I got started. Now I have 3 planted tanks and love 'em all. I think the fish like 'em too.

Do a bit of research and jump in. You can get a lot of help right here. Anything is possible.

Q

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store