Porky!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I just went to wal-mart and was amazed.. There is a lady working there who really cares, and was giving good info on the fish to people.
There was one shubunkin baby there that I noticed, he's missing his tail(not going to grow back, it's healed). I asked about him and she said he was not for sale, so I asked if he was going to live forever in that tiny tank... she said to tell people that I had brought back a dead fish, and gave Porky to me for free. With the conditions that I call or email letting them all know how he is, and pictures if possible.
Everyone working there had to say bye to Porky.. Some of them say his middle name is Stumpy too :D

I'll try to post pictures of him, he's in QT.

ALSO, I didn't see ANY dead fish, the tanks were pretty clean as well.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Well here's Porky.. horrible pic, my camera is broken, I had to use a very old one.

DCP_0022.JPG

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Poor little guy...........

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Aw, he's beautiful! Nice rescue. He's young enough that his tail just might grow back - it will probably never be long and flowing like an uninjured fish, but you might see a bit of tail come back. Keep his water clean and give him lots of good food. He should be fine! He's charming. :)
Nice work!
Part of his back is missing, they said (they've had him since he was TINY) someone put him with a 'mean' fish who tried to eat him, and managed to chomp part of his back off, about 1 month ago.

I think he's a beautiful boy too.. he gets along fine without his tail.. he has long fins everywhere else, so he probably had a huge tail. I'd rather have him tail-less, it makes him a bit more special to me, he could have died in WM..
My first fish came from wally world, Porky is the 3rd I've gotten from WM so far.

canucksfan1

AC Members
Feb 26, 2007
Gibsons, B.C.
a little of topic but bettagurl i like your pic i own a purebred apbt and it is true that alot of people are scared of them even tho my little puppy is incapable of doing any harm to any other living creature and will hopefully stay that way for the span of her life "punish the deed not the breed"

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I sent your a PM, canucks =)

Porky is doing good this morning, I've noticed what might be a tiny bit of finrot, which I was treating for anyway. He should go into the pond in a few weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store