Fish Geeks! Yay!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brentling

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Wow, it's been a while. Things have changed...but not as much as it might appear.

I have been a fish geek since I was a tot. I worked as the "Fish Guy" in a largish pet store in Kentucky for about ten years, but had to actually make a living and move on to another career path. I have had some form of aquarium going for most of the time since I left the industry, but am just getting back into real aquaculture. When I left, the Internet wasn't really even a thing, so this is waay different. I have been losing much sleep surfing and learning and seeing what is new.

I currently have a 29 gallon that is just set up. I get my plants tomorrow and some fish to start. This tank will be an Amazon biotope that I hope to fill with schools of unusual and new (for me) tetras, dwarf cichlids, and funky cool catfish. Also, tons and tons of live plants. I am looking hard at the best options for lighting... Compact Flourescent? T5?

I also have a 125 that has not been setup for a long time. As money permits, I plan to get it going again. I am torn whether to set it up freshwater or saltwater. I have kept many saltwater fish, but i was working at the fish store and got everything cheap or free. Now I have to pay retail! Man, that stuff is not cheap! I also have some concerns about the ecological damage that keeping salt water fish may present. Looks like more research.

Anyway, just saying howdy!

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Welcome to AC brent

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia