Funny Kribs Story/Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
In my ten gallon tank, I have a pair of kribs and a black phantom tetra. Today I went to check my tank, and I couldn't find the male krib. I took everything except for a small shell, my sponge filter and my two plants out. I couldn't find him, so I just gave up hope. I thought that he jumped out and got eaten by my cat or dog. So I replaced him with a slightly smaller one. He is floating in the bag right now. So anyways, I go to dump him into the tank, and staring me right in the face is the first male! I am extremely confused at where he came from, but that's not the important part. I need to know if I can put him in the tank. If not, I need to know what else I can do. I can't return him because the guy who checked me out likes me and gave him to me. If anyone wants him, they can pick him up. I live in the suburbs of Buffalo NY. Advice?

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
I also have 2 males and a female. And there is no way I can put the two males in the same tank, the bigger one just goes crazy and tears him up. A few months back I gave away a male krib for the same reason except he beat all the other fish up. Just depends on the fish I guess, but being that it's a 10 gallon BOTH your male and female now will probalby gang up on the smaller male.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Okay thanks for the advice. ANYBODY WANT THIS FISH?

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
Is the shell the kinds that look like little conches? Casue one time me and my ex sister in law, took apart her tank looking for a silver mollie and when we look in the conch shell thingy there it was wedged head first stuck. We had to gently pull it out. This story reminded me of that. Anyways, a 10g might be to small for to males to be in together. If they both want to be the "boss" of the tank there might not be enough space for them each to have there territory.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It is, but I checked it and knocked on the outside. He would not have fit in it. I think that the thing that makes the most sense is that he was in the plants, which I checked toroughly also. I really need to find a home for him soon!

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I don't think he could have fit in the shell. Even if he could have, part of his body would have stuck out. And I would ship, but I just don't like that idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store