Clownfish with white stringy poop?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zkffk90000

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
i am really worried now because it is not active and not tempted by food and its pooping white stringy stuff
any help!!!!
please urgent because i went and checked it out and other site said theirs died the day after it did that

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
If it is stringy it is probably worms. The worms then make it feel full while robbing nutrients.

Do a google for worms and clowns see if the pics look like what you have going

zkffk90000

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
i called the store(i did not buy the fish from this store )
and ask them about it and they said they did not know for sure but they said it might be caused because of the stress and told me the turn off the lights and the clown is moving to different places now
and the poop fell off after (according to my brother) getting thicker

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
As far as turning lights off, turn off aquarium lights while room lights are on yet. Vice versa, turn on room lights first before aquarium lights. The gradual process can avoid stress.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
A fellow member, c4cat suggested to crush some tablets of metronidazole (preferably a tablet per 15g), mix it with food and cod liver oil. Repeat after a week. Flagyl will also work as it is a combination of metronidazole and praziquantel. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store