Hurt Angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zhonk

Crazy Ted
Nov 5, 2006
Northwest US
A little while ago I was walking by the tank and I saw the coral beauty caught in the powerhead intake. After gently prying him out I noticed that there was only one injury. It's not that his was popped , it's that the socket was popped with it. It is partially pulled by far from being severed. Will this thing get infected? what should I do for it?

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
that's not good. you probably will have to QT and do water changes and possibly try Melafix. not sure if the stress of the whole thing won't kill him

zhonk

Crazy Ted
Nov 5, 2006
Northwest US
Hmmm, I should start making his diet more various, he was beginning to lose coloration. What would water changes help for?

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
better diet is always good. water changes help to keep water clean and that helps to keep infection away for the wound to heal

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Oh crap, I hope you find him quickly. I just had the same problem with mine, but with a good diet and great water params he pulled through nicely.
Good luck with yours, I sure hope you find him alive!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store